Monday, June 30, 2008

Racing


This weekend was my trip to the track. I was pretty excited to go. I usually go a couple times a year but this year I cut back due to buying the new house and that sort of thing. I was a bit disappointed to see the forecast calling for rain and waking up to wet ground. I went anyway, hoping for the best. I was also excited to have the family there since K is old enough to remember it this time. She was pretty revved up to go too. It turns out the weather held up and actually got quite nice so there was lots of riding to be done.


I was riding pretty well and having fun dicing it up with some of the other riders. K and N showed up. J went straight to grandmas house. he's still pretty little for the track. K was so fun. She looked at N and I and said "I'm going to watch the motorcycles daddy, I'll be right back." Then when we were watching the other group ride she said to N "Mommy, go home and get my helmet so I can ride on the track" I got the biggest kick out of imagining her peddling her tricycle as fast as she could go on the track. Then I thought, uh oh, she's interested in riding on the track. How am I going to explain to her why her mother would never let her do that. I was so happy that she enjoyed it so much.


It ended up being a great day. I ran into some guys I haven't seen in awhile and we had some real fun riding together. I came up on these two guys riding bikes that were newer and faster than mine. I could tell that I was faster in the corners but couldn't catch them in the straights because they had probably 30 horsepower on me. I followed them for a lap. I was all over them in the corners but they would pull ahead in the straight aways. I got past one guy on the brakes getting into the first turn at about 100mph and it was on after that. I was lining up the second guy to do the same thing. I knew I could since I was all over him in the turns. The next lap the first guy came past me. the horsepower again. Just as he got by me I could see him starting to slow for the first turn. I wasn't to my braking point yet so I went right back past him into the turn. That is the kind of riding that makes it super fun. I was thrilled that I was right on my pace the first time out for the year. It ended up being one of the most fun days I have had at the track in some time. I love going past these guys, who have probably 10-13 thousand into their bikes , on my old beater that I paid 5000 for about 8 years ago. It makes me smile just thinking about it. It also makes it more tolerable when someone goes by my old tired a#% like I am standing still. :)


1 comment:

Kelly said...

That picture is awesome! I am so glad that you enjoyed your day at the track!