Sunday, June 1, 2008

Mirrors and Reflection

We were talking this weekend about how our kids do and say everything that we do. It's like holding up a mirror. K doesn't hold anything back either. She will look at you funny if you raise your voice to tell her not to yell in the house. She doesn't hesitate to tell me NO NO Daddy.
My favorite has to be when she says " Honey Honey, noooo, we have to play in the sun room". Honey, honey. N and I both say this to her when we are trying to get her attention to redirect her. hopefully, she is taking some of our good habits too.
It was a nice day over here. We all spent the day together. playing, washing the car, hanging out. I made baby food for J. It is starting to get fun. I had made some duck stock a while back and had it in the freezer. I decided to cook some navy beans in it for the flavor. I don't salt my stock when I make it, so it works quite well for baby food. I added some carrots and onion too. I ground it up in my food processor and it turned out pretty well. I then sauteed some chicken and pureed it into baby food. Then I made rice. Now, he can have some chicken and rice or beans for meals. I turned the rest of the beans into soup for us. It came out really well too. I can't wait to have it for lunch tomorrow.
I am really enjoying being a dad. It is very difficult sometimes, but I love it. I can't describe it really but I hope all dad's feel this way. I am lucky I found a great wife who is so good with them.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Aww, what a sweet post. ;)

I'm glad that you guys enjoyed your weekend!

Anonymous said...

You are the king of baby food making! We're giving up on the homemade stuff. I'm not creative enough to do more than just mash up the veggies/fruits and Cam isn't interested in it anyway. Little stinker!