Saturday, June 21, 2008

Wake Up Laughing


I don't know if any of you ever wake up laughing, but you should.

I don't usually. Today was different. We sleep with the monitor on still since K is the only one downstairs. We always tell her that when she wakes up she doesn't need to be afraid since she can just say I'm awake and we will come get her. Usually we hear her say "Mommy, I'm awake, Daddy, I'm awake". Not this morning.

I don't know if there are any Lauri Berkner fans out there but K loves her music and it has grown on us too. she has a song about messes. It goes something like this: I'm a mess.......I'm a mess...... I'm a big ol messy mess!

K loves it because we have always told her she is a messy mess when she is making one. So it makes sense to her.

So I am sleeping away this morning. Then I hear this through the monitor. "I'm awake......I'm awake......I'm a big girl wakey wake". Needless to say I laughed out loud which woke up N. So I hustled off down the stairs to my little creative peanut with a smile on my face.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Ok, how incredibly cute and creative is your daughter? ;)

I love this and it is totally Kate!

K and J's mom said...

she's so damn cute

Anonymous said...

That's SO funny! I love it when they make up words to familiar songs!