Friday, July 25, 2008

The Brave One

K and I went on a Daddy-Daughter camping trip last weekend. Nand J stayed home. Oh yeah, and my entire family and their families went too. It was a typical wild weekend with my family including lots of fun and drama. Five girls and my mom. It's hard not to have drama. Or fun. K really enjoyed it and was very good the whole weekend. Lot's of kids to play with and Lot's of fun things to do. We had water fights and swimming. Biking. Probably my favorite part was going down to the creek and skipping rocks. K is so brave. She didn't even hesitate and loved playing with the rocks. She didn't seem to mind the fish or the craw fish at all. It was really nice having a whole weekend with her. She is an amazing little thing. You can almost see her little mind working.
Wednesday N, J, K and I went to the county fair. We like looking at all the animals and eating fresh sweet corn. J was really curious and looked around a lot in wondrous amazement. K, the Brave, wanted to ride on the rides. We went on the train first. then the space ship. They were pretty benign. She wanted to ride the motorcycles like daddy. They started off pretty fast and I thought she might freak a little, but she hung on the first couple of laps and then she got comfortable and started looking up at the ceiling while it all whizzed by. Then she wanted to go down the big slide. N and I thought she might get freaked out going up the stairs and being that high up, but she didn't even blink. We got to the top and I asked if she was ready to go. She said yes and off we went. We got to the bottom and I asked her if it was fun and she said "let's do it again, daddy!" So we went to get back in line.
We had a caricature artist draw the kids and they turned out great. Then we started heading for the car since it was already and hour and a half past their bedtime. We walked past the pigs since we missed them on the way through the first time. I asked K if she saw them and heard them oinking. she said " yeah, they're in their nests daddy". they were all in cages for the night. I thought it was super sweet. she is such a sweet girl. and brave. N and I worry that she is too brave sometimes. I guess it's a parents job to worry.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Sounds like you've had some pretty fun moments with your brave girl.

Glad the camping trip went well.