Thursday, July 3, 2008

Sweet Bedtime Girl

For anyone who doesn't know it already, I absolutely adore my children.
I have a lot to do tonight with N being pretty well down and out and company coming tomorrow for fourth of July festivities. So I don't really have time to blog and wasn't planning on it. I just had to take a break to write this down because I never want to forget it.
We had some friends over tonight for pizza and some socializing. We let bedtime get away by a half hour or so which always puts K on the fragile edge. She was struggling a bit but nothing that was too unmanageable. I got her in bed and we read some books. normal bedtime routine stuff. I was giving her a kiss goodnight afterwards, which I always do and she looks into my eyes and says " You are a good daddy, Daddy"
Instant Heart Melt.

3 comments:

K and J's mom said...

Hey! I'm not "down and out"! People are going to think I am some lazy bum you live with! Sheesh! j/k ;) Love you! She's right...you are a great Daddy!

Kelly said...

I'd say that's one of the best compliments you'll ever get in your life. :)

Anonymous said...

What a sweetie!