Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Our Pig Farmer

Picture a 6 foot something man of impressive stature who was a pig farmer. A tough man's man who doesn't have to take any grief from anyone. Someone who knows something about just about anything, and can figure out the rest. A doer who isn't afraid to get his hands dirty. This is my stepfather. He was up this past weekend with my mother to visit and to help me hang a new door in our house.
Now imagine him on his hands and knees making baby talk to my son J. It makes me smile to see him melt at the hands of my daughter K. He turns into a big Teddy bear when he is around them. It makes me smile to see him with them.
Even more impressive is how quickly he retreats at the first sign of any type of bodily fluid from these little creatures. The slightest bit of spit up and he is out of the room. I remember him watching J hurl in my face and I thought he was going to pass out he was so green. Keep in mind this is a man who has had his arm up to his elbow in a pig's a#%.
We love our pig farmer. Don't ever change.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too funny! It is interesting to watch our 'tough' parents become such softies around the grandchildren, huh?