Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Morning

I got up early today so that I could go vote and then head off to work early. I had a proposal that needed finalized and an hour of uninterrupted work time was just the thing I needed to get it done. I don't like doing that since morning time is my time with the kids. I love the little morning routines that we go through. simple things like breakfast and dressing. I don't know why but it's just nice to have that time. I guess because I don't see them again until evening on most days. Anyway, K gave me an unexpected response today. I usually give her a kiss before I go to work and tell her to be a good girl and that I love her. I do the same for J although he doesn't understand. He just gives that big smile that I love. Anyway, I leaned down to kiss her and she said "No, thank you". She is finding her voice. Realizing that she has a say in things. Well, some things. At least she is polite when she says it. She used to just say in that almost crying whine"I don't waaant it". So I just kissed her forehead and said that I would see her after work. I then kissed J and N and headed for the door. K then came running up and said "wait daddy, I want to give you a kiss" I snatched her up and gave her a kiss and hug, and then headed off to work with a smile on my face.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet! I think they just want to do things on their own terms.

Christina Schmidt said...

I love it when that happens! Matthew will be all NO WAY, kissing yuck-o but then as soon as he realizes that we are really leaving he will fling himself into our arms to shower us with love.

K and J's mom said...

She's so dang cute. And a big ol' stinker sometimes too!! ;)

Emily Headley said...

I can just see her denying Mac that way in 16 years. Love Kate stories.