Saturday, May 10, 2008

Random Disjointed Post

just some random thoughts.

N gave my daughter a homemade Popsicle tonight after dinner. She looked at me and said "Sweeet". N and I started laughing out loud. I don't know where she got it from, but we used to say it all the time when I was a "cool" teenager.



I decided to make today N's mothers day with our little family since tomorrow her mother will be here and it's supposed to rain. Since it was so nice today I asked if she wanted to go out for some brunch somewhere. She said yes and then we all piled into the car. I brought her cards and present so she could open it when we got to wherever we were headed. She chastised me for bringing it saying she would not open it in public because she always cries. I asked where she wanted to go and she said,( no kidding), how about skyline chili. So we road tripped to Indy for some three ways. What a great woman. I know I am lucky. I could have been in for a 100 dollar brunch and she wanted 20 dollars worth of coney's and chili spaghetti. :)

The car ride was nice. Our chance to reconnect. It's funny, but if we don't go somewhere in the car then we just end up passing each other coming or going or passing out at the end of a day.

She opened her stuff in the car. yep, she cried. Good thing we didn't do it at the restaurant.



I was mowing grass with my ipod on the other day. It takes me almost two hours now. It used to take 20 minutes at the old house. oh well, at least my yard is nice to look at while I mow. And I have time to think. You know how music takes you back to places and things in your past. well, I don't know what was on but I was thinking about how simple and uncomplicated my life used to be. I used to live in an apartment that I think must have been a one car garage that was converted into an efficiency. It was no more than two or three hundred square feet max. I lived there with my 50 pound dog. She was about all I had. some clothes and a 13 inch b&w TV with a 13 channel dial. I got exactly one channel. PBS. Life was simple and low stress. I could pick up and go anytime I wanted. I actually lived for a period of time when everything I owned would fit in my backpack. that is another blog. Anyway, I was amusing myself with how, since I met N ,I have steadily gained in square footage and acquired massive amounts of stuff. I often give her grief about this and how much money I had before I met her, but we both know that I had nothing and now I have this great life with her and great kids with her. But no money. And more stress. I wouldn't trade it in though for those simpler times. Just musing, that's all. I wonder if we (meaning guys) would simply all be monks or drifters without our women to drive us in the direction of civility.



OK, I know you have all been wondering about baby food and what recipes I might have. I haven't been ignoring you and I haven't forgotten. I actually just wrote a whole bunch about it but my wife let me know that I need to spend about another 1000 hours on it before I publish it. I tend to assume everyone knows how to do it and can just pick up in the middle and go forward. I forget that most people haven't spent a better part of their lives in a Kitchen like me, so I will have to go back to it and break it down to the beginning. so look back and hopefully I will have it for you before your kids are all grown up.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Can I just pay you to make my baby food? ;)

I'm so glad you all enjoyed Mother's Day together. Good job on the tears. That's a sure sign of a really good gift!