Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Big Words and Big Beds

it's funny how things sort of happen in bunches sometimes. We got K a big girl bed. She is so big, she dwarfs the crib that we thought she would never grow into. N works most Tuesday nights, so I took Jack to K's room, put him in his chair, and set about assembling the bed with K's help. She wants to help with everything, and she is actually a good little helper. We finished it and put on the sheets and quilt and were very proud of our accomplishment. K took a potty break and I started taking apart the crib so I could get it out the door and into the garage. Just as I was getting in the groove, J starts saying Da da da da da da da da. music to this Da da's ears. I hadn't heard him say that before, though I have been teaching him to say it for some time. In fairness, I have been trying to get him to say Ma ma too. Funny how the milestones seem to come in clusters. It sounds very nice to hear him say it even though he isn't associating it with me yet.
the building went late so K was quite tired and we had some meltdowns along the way. I am too much of a pushover, so I struggle a bit more than N in this area. We managed to get it together enough to go to bed. Laying there in her big girl bed, she looked so little. Just like when she first went into the crib. My little angel. suddenly, the meltdowns didn't matter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a sweet, caring father. You big sap....now I'm crying :)

Anonymous said...

anonymous is me, your sister. I can't remember my #$%@# password.