Thursday, April 17, 2008

V day

Well, it's V day at my house.

yep, Vasectomy. I have been trying not to think to much about it since I made the decision about a month or so ago. It is hard not to think about it. I know it's the right decision for many reasons. some of them selfish and some practical and some just thoughtful. I have been very blessed to have both a boy and a girl. And yet, when I look at K and J, I can't help but feel a little apprehensive about going through with. It's strange, but knowing you don't want any more kids and making sure it doesn't happen are two different things. It's like I am taking away the potential for any more children. It makes me kind of sad, because I love them so much it makes me want to have a dozen more. I used to ask my mother why she had so many of us. It was the 70's and birth control was readily available. She would say that she loved babies. Now I get it. I know, they aren't teenagers yet, so it's easy to say I want more. It also makes me feel guilty because I know many people can't have any or can't have anymore. It's not fair that I can make this kind of decision when they don't have the choice or option. I still feel it is the right decision for me and my family. So, I'll see you on the other side............

Wow, I am back. Slightly more sterile than before. It wasn't nearly as bad as I had imagined it in my head. A bit strange having a conversation with a doctor who literally has you by the balls. :) Really, a bit strange being awake altogether. But relatively painless. Now I just feel kind of sore, Like I have these two aching softballs between my legs. Thanks Kelly for the frozen peas. I will get them back to you ASAP:)

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I think you can go ahead and hold onto the peas. ;)

Glad all went well.

Emily Headley said...

If you give Kelly back those peas, I would question her if you see Peas on her lunch menu. :)