Tuesday, April 15, 2008

my little slice of heaven

Imagine this.
It's 68 degrees on a lovely sunny Friday afternoon. I take the afternoon off work for a little daddy daughter time. N and J are out of town for a couple of days. We get back to the house and I open up all the windows. K starts playing on the deck. I put on some Dylan and turn it up. After dancing a while with K in the living room she goes back to playing on the deck. I sit down in the sun room and watch her play while Dylan takes me back to my childhood, filled with wonder and discovery. I smile thinking about my kids, and the adventures to come.

Nice huh?

I wish everyday was like that.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Sounds like a perfect afternoon. Here's to many more.

Anonymous said...

Oohhh...that does sound nice!

K and J's mom said...

Glad you guys had a nice day together! Wish J and I were with you instead of at a wake in Chicago in freezing rain!

Emily Headley said...

I love those kinds of afternoons.
What a blessing.