Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Uninspired

I have not been writing of late. I just haven't felt inspired at all. I decided to write just to do it and see what comes out. It's not that I haven't had anything to write about. I guess I have just been busy and stressed and haven't done it. We are going on vacation in a couple of weeks, so there is a lot to do. Well, I guess it's kind of a pseudo vacation. My sister is having a last minute destination wedding in Florida and we are making a vacation out of it. We have some friends in Jacksonville and are going to visit them when the wedding is over. I am looking forward to it although it is straining the budget quite a bit. We hadn't really planned on a vacation this year since we bought a new house etc. but I think we will be able to manage it alright.
K has been stressing us out lately. She does so well some days with going potty in the bathroom but then she always seems to slide back into going in her panties. She knows what to do but just can't seem to be bothered by it sometimes. We have tried many things but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions here would be great. We are pretty much at our wits end.
On a good note one of my very best friends had a baby this past week. The baby looks beautiful and he and Momma are doing very well. I am so happy for E. He is starting on a wonderful journey filled with amazing moments and also great challenges ( see above). I hope he enjoys every minute of it like I have.
It seems to be a week of catching up with my best friends. I have heard from another of my very best friends this week and he and his family are doing well. The kids are growing too fast though. You will have to do something about that S. Uncle D wants some fun boy time with them before they are all grown up. Maybe letting off some rockets or something.
My other best friends J&C are trying for another baby. Go girls! I will be praying for you. You can do it. Maybe you can have a little one growing and listening to motorcycles racing around the speedway. I hadn't heard from them for a little while either since they were out of town for a bit, so that was very exciting news.
Also heard from my friend and mentor D. thanks for the email. Glad you two are doing OK.
That pretty much brings you up to speed on all my friends:) I don't have many but the ones I do have are definitely keepers.
Well, I do feel oddly better having written down my thoughts. However disjointed. I will try to keep up with it even when I don't feel like it.

2 comments:

K and J's mom said...

we are very lucky to have such wonderful friends, babe!

Anonymous said...

I am mean but I once told Lily that I would take her water slide away if she kept pooping in her panties. Same kind of deal...she KNEW that she needed to be going in the potty and KNEW that she needed to poop. She just didn't want to stop doing whatever she was doing to take care of it. I felt like at that point with her it was no longer in the learning stage...it was just a choice she was making. We also did a chart for a few days to get her back on track once. That worked really well with her. We just let her put a sticker on it once at night if she didn't have any accidents all day. After she got 5 stickers we gave her a present. Good luck!