Monday, January 5, 2009

2 Things 2 Remember

The funniest thing happened this weekend. N has been trying to get all the requirements necessary to the state so that she can take her license exam. This has been a very difficult and frustrating thing that has taken over six months to accomplish and who knows how many hours. She got the letter in the mail on Saturday saying that she finally had gotten them all they need to approve her for taking the test.
We were standing in the kitchen while she read the letter and announced that she was finally approved to take her test with much relief and excitement in her voice. K and J were in the living room playing. I was telling her how great that was. Then I said " Good Job Babe!" as I patted/smacked her on the rear. I didn't realize that K was entering the kitchen to see just what all the excitement was about. She then proceeded to walk up to N and said "Good Job Babe!" as she smacked my wife on the rear.
I was laughing so hard that I had to leave the room. All N could do was laugh too, as did K. What a little sponge. She is too quick for her dad, that's for sure.

I love it when we read books before bed. It is such a wonderful time to cuddle and connect and read together. Sometimes if I turn the page to quickly K will say "no, no, no, I want to think about it for a minute" as she reaches up to turn back the page.
I think that is so incredibly cute. I am amazed at how articulate she is sometimes.

3 comments:

Christina Schmidt said...

Matthew has taken to doing this kind of imitation as well. I some times say honey in a mocking tone when we are joking around and I hear Matthew saying this now as well. Note to self must stop (even though it makes me laugh but I can just imagine the note home from the teacher - "he keeps mocking me by calling me honey!")

Anonymous said...

Too adorable!!!

Lily does the imitation thing too. We hear lots of 'Way to go honey!' and things like that.

Kelly said...

OMG!! Too funny! Love it! ;)