Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Cabama House


This is what K called the Cabana house we stayed in on our vacation. She seemed to love the ocean as much as her mother. We had to drag her off the beach kicking and screaming everyday. She just wanted to stay and play in the sand for hours.
I was amazed at both my kids capacity for growth and change. K did not want to go near the water either in the pool or ocean the first day. By the end of the week she was jumping into my arms in the pool from the steps and running into the ocean with me. I couldn't believe it. I was worried about her learning to swim but now am not concerned. I just need to get her to the pool more frequently. J was the same. He wouldn't even look at the ocean in the beginning. By the end he was floating around the pool in his floating device on his own. (With us nearby of course. don't call CPS)
Overall, we had a wonderful time together. K's new thing is saying probably. sounds like probly. We have a book on a kids first 100 words and I ask her to identify the items. There is often more than one so she will say probly right here and right here, pointing. On the way home she asked where we were going. I said we were going home and she said "to the cabama house?". I said no, to our house and she said "probly the cabama house." Sweet girl. She really loved our vacation.
N and I even managed to get out on our own while the grandparents watched the kids. We celebrated our 5th anniversary together by having dinner on the beach at a nice restaurant. It's our usual, but it was nice at the beach. Happy Anniversary honey. I love you.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I am so glad that you guys enjoyed your trip! What great memories you'll have!

K and J's mom said...

Lovely honey. We did have such a wonderful time. It was awesome!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys had so much fun! I love that video! It just captures a nice simple moment with your family.